ROASTED SHRIMP AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS (Yield: 4 Servings)
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
3/4 pound shrimp, peeled, with tails on
4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 garlic cloves, divided, 2 sliced and 2 minced
1 lemon, zested and sliced
parmesan cheese for topping (about one ounce)
pinch red chili flakes
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the zest of one lemon, the minced garlic, a pinch or red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside to marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- While shrimp are marinating, toss the brussels sprouts with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the sliced garlic, a pinch or red chili flakes, salt and pepper on a large sheet pan. Make sure sprouts are completely coated. Turn them so that the flat sides are facing down. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to turn the brussels sprouts. Pour the shrimp and marinade onto the sheet pan and stir to coat everything in the marinade. Arrange everything in a single layer. Return to the oven and roast for about 5 more minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- When done, remove from oven and squeeze 1-2 lemon slices over shrimp and brussels sprouts, then grate parmesan cheese over everything. Serve with more lemon slices.
~ FoxAndBriar.com ~
ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST (Yield: 4-6 Servings)
3 large chicken breasts
1 tbsp. lemon zest
salt and pepper
9 to 12 asparagus stalks, trimmed
3 slices provolone cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breast in half, length-wise, leaving it intact on one side (creating a pocket to stuff). Season the inside of the chicken breast with salt and pepper and a pinch of lemon zest. Lay the provolone cheese and 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each chicken breast and fold over, enclosing the filling.
- Season the outside of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet (I use cast iron) over medium-high heat and add the 1 tbsp olive oil, swirling around to coat the bottom of the skillet. Cook the chicken top side down, for 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken easily releases from the pan and is golden brown on top. Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes to sear the bottom side. Carefully cover the skillet with tinfoil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 155 degrees.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and let sit, covered, for about 5 minutes. The temperature of the chicken should rise to meet 160 degrees and will be super tender and juicy! Enjoy!
~ IWashYouDry.com ~