Time to use up some mushrooms, green onions and cherry tomatoes. I love the All Recipes site because it allows you to search by ingredient. This salad recipe incorporates all three with a simple vinaigrette that brings out the best in everything. As an afterthought we added some leftover ciliegine mozzarella balls. It was pretty spectacular and a nice addition to our meal. Served here with Roast New York Strip Loin with Garlic-Herb Crust and Butter-Steamed Broccoli With Peppery Bread Crumbs.
BYRDHOUSE MARINATED TOMATOES AND MUSHROOMS (Serves: 3)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and basil; toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours. Stir before serving.
~ AllRecipes.com ~