We combine two superfoods here to create a super supper. This dish is the ultimate heart healthy meal. The avocado is loaded in healthy monounsaturated fat that helps lower cholesterol and the salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are great for the heart, joints and memory. I would change up the order in which I prepared the ingredients. I first put together the salsa so that it had time to chill properly. I followed that with the dry rub and allowed the salmon to rest for about 45 minutes before I put it on the grill. We found the rub to be a little heavy for the fish. I think that I would reduce the cumin and paprika by half next time. I recommend that you grill the salmon for about 7-8 minutes total (4 minutes skin side down then flip for another 3 minutes). A fantastic way to start out the grilling season.
MUSTARDY GRILLED CORN AND SAUSAGE KABOBS (Serves: 4)
- 2 large ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8)
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14 – ounce package kielbasa, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/3 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Thread corn, kielbasa and sweet peppers on 4 long metal skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing and mustard; brush some of the mixture on the kabobs before grilling.
- Grill, covered, directly over medium- to medium-high heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining dressing mixture, until vegetables are tender and charred.
~ MidwestLiving.com ~