This is a fantastically simple recipe from Delish. As your angel hair pasta cooks on the back burner, saute some garlic and shallots on the front burner. Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the pan and cook until just done (just about 4 minutes). Toss with some fresh lemon juice and a bit of zest and, then add to the cooked pasta. I would recommend that you add a tablespoon of butter to the pasta once it has been drained. It will help keep the pasta from sticking together and, it helps keep the lemon from being too overpowering. Serve with chopped basil and lemon slices.
GARLICKY LEMON SHRIMP WITH ANGEL HAIR (Serves: 4)
- 12 oz. angel hair
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook angel hair until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and shallot and cook until soft and fragrant, 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes per side. Add lemon juice and zest and stir until combined, then add cooked angel hair to skillet and toss until fully combined.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
~ Delish.com ~