I’m not sure why I have such a hard time getting back into the swing of things after I return from vacation. I think that I spent the first week back waiting for someone to bring me a cocktail!! I am finally back in the kitchen and putting my family to work testing out some wonderful dishes. We picked up some baby bok choy at the grocery and decided to combine it with apples and carrots to make this salad. It is much like a slaw with a thick dressing made of almond milk, raw cashews, raisins, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. A great combination of flavors that register as somewhat sweet on the palate.
APPLE BOK CHOY SALAD (Serves: 4)
- 6 cups finely chopped bok choy
- 1 large apple, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy, hemp, or almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine bok choy, apple, carrot, and chopped onion in a large bowl.
- Blend soy milk, cashews, vinegar, raisins, and mustard in a food processor or high-powered blender. Add desired amount to chopped vegetables.
~ Epicurious.com ~