I seem to have hit on a rich vein of fantastic recipes of late. This loaded egg salad is the bomb! It requires a good number of ingredients — luckily I had everything that I needed on hand. Layers and layers of flavor create a really satisfying mouthful. Serve it as a salad on lettuce or in a sandwich. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
LOADED EGG SALAD (Serves 10)
8 ounces bacon
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 hard boiled eggs, shells removed
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and crumble once cooled.
- Mix bacon, celery, mayonnaise, onion, relish, mustard, chile-garlic sauce, dill, Worcestershire, black pepper, paprika, and salt together in a large bowl; add eggs. Break egg whites and yolks with a potato masher into the bacon mixture. Stir broken egg pieces into the salad.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
~ AllRecipes.com ~