Well, it finally happened. I broke down and made biscuits and gravy. I just couldn’t resist this wonderful recipe for biscuits and gravy served in this unique manner. Store bought biscuits are cut in half, rolled and placed in a ring in a 10″ skillet. Sausage gravy is prepared and then poured into the middle before the pan is placed in the oven for 25 minutes. It is a beautiful way to serve this old-fashioned favorite. Perfect for holiday company!!
BISCUIT AND GRAVY RING (Serves 6-8)
1/2 lb. pork sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Egg wash
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an ovenproof 10” skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned all over cooked through. Sprinkle flour over the sausage and cook for about a minute. Pour in milk and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very thick, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Turn off heat.
- Cut each biscuit in half and roll halves into balls. Place around the perimeter of skillet to form a ring. The biscuit pieces should be touching! Add gravy to the center of the biscuit ring.e broth quickly and help keep it fresher longer. This can be done the night before and stored in the refrigerator until the next day.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes minutes until the biscuits are golden. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
~ Delish.com ~