Well, here we have a recipe that my husband loved, but that I could take or leave. It’s truly a Country Mouse/City Mouse kind of situation. My Southern husband love anything that comes with gravy — chops, rice, mashed potatoes, and of course biscuits. This Northern girl . . . not so much, but variety is the spice of life. The good news is that this is a really well put together recipe. I recommend that you use fairly thick pork chops. If not, they might cook too quickly when you brown them on the stove-top. I used the seasoned flour mixture not only to dredge the chops but also to make the gravy. Everything is transferred into a baking dish and baked in the oven for an hour. Start checking the temperature of the chops at about 45 minutes. They come out moist and flavorful and smothered in gravy. We sliced up the leftover chops and served them with the gravy over biscuits. A nice hearty dinner times two.
BAKED BONELESS PORK CHOPS (Serves 4)
- 1 cup flour
- 4 t. paprika
- 3 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 c. milk
- 4-6 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. flour (or 1/2 c. reserved seasoned flour mix)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1 cup flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a plate or pan. Dredge chops in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chops and brown on both sides. Transfer to a baking dish. Add onions and saute until tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour. Blend in milk with a whisk. Whisk until sauce is thickened up a little bit.(about 2-3 minutes) Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, in 350′ preheated oven for 1 hour.
~ JustAPinch.com ~