You may have seen this recipe referred to as Potato Lasagna because the ingredients are layered. This dish is a little bit like scalloped potatoes but the added layers of ham and mozzarella give it a total upgrade . . . believe me. A wonderful treat after spending a cool fall afternoon raking leaves. True comfort food!
LAYERED HAM & CHEESE POTATO BAKE (Serves 4-5)
- 5 potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8-10 slices ham
- 7-8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Slice the peeled potatoes into ½ centimeter slices. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, tossing them to make sure they’re coated evenly.
- Press a layer of potatoes evenly into the bottom of a greased, square baking pan. Place half of the ham slices evenly on top of the potatoes, followed by half of the sliced cheese. Follow with another layer of potatoes, then the remaining ham and sliced cheese.
- Sprinkle the bacon and parsley evenly on top of the sliced cheese, and place one final layer of potatoes on top. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes, then press it into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the heavy cream and eggs. Pour on top of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the cheese is a deep golden brown. Cool slightly, slice, then serve!
~ Tasty.com ~