These marinated steaks are so tender and juicy that they melt in your mouth. The marinade is a perfect blend of flavors — garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire, onion powder and sweet-tart Balsamic vinegar. Its always a good idea to pierce the steaks with a fork before marinating so the flavors can permeate throughout the meat. I reserved some of the marinade for basting and then allowed these steaks to soak in the rest for about 20 hours before we tossed them on the grill. Fifteen minutes later we were cutting into some of the most beautiful steaks around. Delicious, juicy and divine!
SAVORY GARLIC MARINATED STEAKS (Serves 4)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (1/2 pound) rib-eye steaks
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.
- InPlace steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
- Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Discard leftover marinade.
~ from AllRecipes.com ~