I started fixing these tomatoes as a party appetizer a couple of years ago, and I still get request for them several times each summer. I prepared them for a get together recently and they never disappoint. A mouthful of cold, refreshing spiked tomatoes seasoned with a bit of Tabasco, Worcestershire, lemon zest and salt is a perfect treat on a hot summer day. Make sure that you reserve the vodka for your next batch of Bloody Marys!
DRUNKEN TOMATOES – (Yield: 1 pint)
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 1 t. Tabasco sauce
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- lemon zest
- rosemary sea salt
- Pierce each tomato with a fork and place them in a container and cover with vodka. Add the Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Shake to mix the ingredients and marinate for 24 hours.
- Drain tomatoes and place on a serving plate. Season with lemon zest and rosemary sea salt
- Toss to mix and serve with toothpicks.