This recipe gives us a beautiful mix of flavors and colors with a delicious balsamic based sauce. It is not a difficult preparation although it is a bit more of a complex due to the number of steps involved. The mushrooms are sautéed and then set aside, as are the green beans and the chicken. A fresh Greek dressing is added to the hot pan and combined with honey and balsamic vinegar over medium heat. The other ingredients are introduced back into the pan once the sauce becomes bubbly. Cook for another minute or two to heat through and serve family-style from the pan. The combination of ingredients in the sauce really create a wonderfully flavorful dish that is sure to become a favorite.
BALSAMIC CHICKEN TENDERS WITH VEGGIES (Serves 6)
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive or avocado oil, divided
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz fresh green beans
- 1.5 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (find a lower sugar variety)
- 1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes
Ingredients (Greek Dressing)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in large saute pan with 1 tsp of the oil, until just browning. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high, add green beans. Continue to sauté until green beans are cooked, but crunchy. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes on both sides and remove once browned & cooked though. Remove from pan, set aside.
- In the same skillet, lowering heat to medium, add your homemade Greek dressing, honey, balsamic vinegar. Heat & stir until bubbling.
- Add back in the mushrooms, and green beans, toss.
- Add back in the cooked chicken and fresh tomatoes. Stir for a minute or two to combine flavors & enjoy!
~ from CleanFoodCrush.com ~