This salad makes me wish I was planning a party so I could serve this to all of my friends! What could be more bright, beautiful and delicious? Start with a bed of spring greens and build out with raspberries, celery, mandarin oranges, toasted cashews, red bell pepper, fresh pineapple chunks and, of course, some left-over teriyaki chicken. Top with a bit of chopped green onion and serve with Poppy Seed dressing. A perfect meal to end a lovely day of working in the yard. Something that tastes so good, and, at the same time, is so good for you!
TERIYAKI CHICKEN SALAD (Serves 6-8)
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts, cooked in Teriyaki sauce, sliced thin
- 1 Large Bag of Spring Salad Mix
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 Cup Celery, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Can Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Cashews
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2½ Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2½ Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1½ Tablespoons of Poppy Seeds
- Blend the sugar, mustard and vinegars on high until thoroughly mixed, this should only need a few pulses. Turn off the blender.
- Add the red onion. Turn the blender back on and in a slow, steady stream drizzle in the canola oil.
- Add in the poppy seeds and give the blender a few quick pulses to mix in the poppy seeds. Chill.
- In a large platter, arrange the lettuce with all of the other ingredients on top, leaving the cashews to be added right before serving, so as to not get soggy.
- Sometimes it’s also nice to just arrange the ingredients around the side, so everyone can take what they want if it is being served family style in a casual setting.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with cashews, serve immediately.
~ from OhSweetBasil.com ~