You can never have enough good recipes for yellow squash and zucchini. I thought that this version was kind of clever. The squash is cut into quarters lengthwise to create spears. You place a rack over a baking sheet, and lay out the spears before you sprinkle them with a wonderful herb and cheese mixture. Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes and . . . dinner is served. This is a really easy and really tasty recipe. Served here with Grilled Ham and Loaded Cauliflower Casserole.
BAKED PARMESAN YELLOW SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI SPEARS (Serves 4)
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise
- ⅓ cup parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then lay an oven-safe cooling rack over the parchment paper. Rub the cooling rack with ½ the olive oil to coat and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Place the sliced zucchini and squash in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle the remaining ½ tbsp. olive oil over. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add the parmesan-spice mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the zucchini and squash spears onto the prepared cooling rack on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining parmesan-spice mixture from the bowl over the squash and zucchini.
- Place into the oven and bake until tender, about 15-18 minutes.
~ from ASweetPeaChef.com ~