!!!CINCO DE MAYO ESPECIAL!!! I took some shrimp and peas out of the freezer in the morning, and by the end of the day I had a fabulous meal. Cook the quinoa as directed on the package, and add the peas during the last three minutes. I also started the shrimp at about the same time. Heat a bit of butter, lime juice and chili powder until bubbly, and then add the shrimp for a quick-to-cook feast. I had picked up some Crushed Aleppo Chiles and decided to use them instead of chili powder. It added a wonderful taste to the shrimp but probably not as much color. Give the quinoa a stir and add in the remaining butter, lime juice and some cilantro. A wonderful meal in less than 30 minutes. YUM!!
CHILI-LIME SHRIMP OVER QUINOA (Serves 4)
1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined uncooked extra large shrimp, (about 16 to 20)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cook time.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and chili powder and cook until bubbly. Stir in shrimp and cook, turning once, until pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon of the cilantro.
- Stir remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 2 tablespoons lime juice into hot cooked quinoa. Arrange quinoa on plates. Top with shrimp; drizzle any sauce remaining in skillet over shrimp.
~ from HappyHealthyHip.com ~