I think these marinated mushrooms would be the perfect accompaniment for any number of meals. They marinate in a balsamic vinaigrette for only about 15 minutes before they are cooked in the oven or placed on the grill. Fifteen minutes at 425 F was plenty of time for them to thoroughly cook. I would love to do a big batch of these for an appetizer or small plate offering sometime soon. The leftover mushrooms were also fantastic when added to our pasta sauce the next evening. Waste nothing . . . enjoy everything!
GARLIC MUSHROOM KABOBS (Serves 6)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in mushrooms and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Thread mushrooms onto skewers and place onto prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Note: *These can be grilled over medium high heat, about 5-6 minutes per side.*
~ from DamnDelicious.net