I am so glad that I planted my herb garden early this year. It is such a pleasure to be able to go out and clip whatever I need for my recipes. I chose this recipe to help me clean out some of the clutter in my vegetable crisper. With the exception of the avocado, I was able to use quite a bit of the left over this and that. It’s a wonderfully healthy salad with a light lemon & olive oil dressing (perfect for my vinegar-hating son). My cilantro wasn’t ready just yet so I substituted some fresh dill with great results. I love this time of year — so many fresh veggies!!
Note: I had to borrow a photo from the original source . . . I only made 2 servings, not enough for a proper picture!
CUCUMBER TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD (Serves 4)
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
~ from NatashasKitchen.com