I bought some sandwich buns the other day that were just a bit too dry for my liking. I used this recipe to turn lemons into lemonade . . . or buns into croutons. Really tasty and crisp — they were perfect to add to the stuffing for my Marinated Portabello Mushrooms. Keep them in an airtight container for salads, soups or casseroles.
HAMBURGER BUN CROUTONS (Yield: 1 Quart)
- olive oil, or as needed
- 4 hamburger buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over hamburger bun cubs in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread cubes onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, and black pepper over the cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until brown and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely before storing.
~ from AllRecipes.com