Sometimes you just want a good veggie salad with lots and lots of fresh, crisp vegetables. Everything is here — carrots, broccoli, cucumber, radish, red onion, grape tomatoes, snow peas — the list goes on. Feel free to substitute your favorites or just empty out the fridge to keep things fresh and moving forward. Top it off with a classic Dijon vinaigrette and serve as a side (or as your meal for that matter). So refreshing!
LEAFLESS SALAD (Serves 4-6)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup small, tender sugar snap peas, strings removed and ends trimmed
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 radishes, cut in half and then into thin slices
- 8 small broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the carrot, sugar snaps, tomatoes, radishes, broccoli, bell pepper, cucumber, cabbage and onion in a salad bowl; toss until well mixed.
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl, then whisk in the olive oil. Add the garlic and basil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated. Season well with salt and pepper
~ from LATimes.com