Lemon pepper is a wonderful seasoning for poultry, vegetables and pasta as well as seafood. This recipe uses a “fresh” lemon pepper preparation. Minced garlic, salt, and pepper are combined with lemon zest to create a wonderfully flavorful addition to the baked flounder. Just a few minutes in a hot oven and your dinner is complete. Served here with Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus and Basmati Rice with Lentils.
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH FRESH LEMON PEPPER (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients — lemon rind, olive oil, pepper, salt & garlic.
- Place fillets on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Rub garlic mixture evenly over fillets.
- Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
~ from MyRecipes.com