Let me introduce you to Gold Nugget Mandarin Oranges. A little lumpy and bumpy on the outside, but seedless, succulent, juicy deliciousness on the inside. You will need five of them for this recipes — two cut into bite-sized segments and three are juiced. Cooked shrimp is coarsely chopped and combined with red onion, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, cumin and the orange juice. Chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator before adding some chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and diced avocado. The flavors of this recipe combine to create an absolutely wonderful spring salad that can’t be beat. Get busy on this recipe because Gold Nuggets are only available March through May.
GOLD NUGGET MANDARIN SHRIMP SALAD (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Each Lemon, juiced
- 5 Each Gold Nugget Mandarin Oranges, 3 juiced, 2 peeled and segmented
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Each Avocados
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Cups Baby Greens
- In a glass bowl, add shrimp, onion, jalapeño, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon, gold nugget mandarin segments and juices, and cumin. Gently mix and refrigerate for one hour.
- Just before serving, dice and gently stir in the avocado, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with 1 tablespoon olive oil, place onto plates, and top with shrimp mixture.
~ from MyFreshIdeas.com