Try this delicious and easy way to dress up your roasted asparagus. Simply roll the asparagus spears in olive oil and wrap with slices of prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper (freshly ground, always) and roast for about 10-12 minutes. This recipe makes a fantastic side or appetizer . . . and any leftovers can be used in your next omelet, frittata, quesadilla . . . you name it.
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS (Serves 4)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 24 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 package of prosciutto (6 slices)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 pieces lengthwise. Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil on a plate and roll each asparagus spear to coat.
- Take each spear and wrap with a strip of prosciutto starting at the base. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp. Serve immediately.