This recipe was a BIG hit at our house! Baked sweet potatoes are scooped out and mashed with sour cream and shredded cheddar. A fairly standard take on the Twice Baked Potato, but the addition of a bit of Sriracha sauce really puts this one over the top. So good that my son asked to have it again the next night.
SRIRACHA LOADED SWEET POTATO BOATS (Serves 4)
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1¼ cup sour cream (divided)
- ¾ cup extra mature cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tbsp sriracha (adjust the amount to your liking)
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes then pierce them a few times with a fork, heat on max heat in the microwave for around 10 min (time varies with your microwave and the potatoes you use). You know when they are ready if a thin stick can easily pierce the whole potato.
- Take them out of the microwave (careful, they are hot!) and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the potatoes with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Mash and mix with sriracha, half the sour cream and half the cheese.
- Place the skins on a baking sheet or oven form and fill them with the mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon and bake for 5-10 min in the oven until cheese has melted.
~ from IngredientMatcher.com