Well, Good Sunday Morning!! We started our day with a breakfast perfectly suited for this beautiful day. The most recent copy of Our State Magazine (March, 2016) had a recipe for Bacon & Egg Cups that I wanted to try and today was the day. I have to say that the only problem I ran in to was in trying to make the bacon fit properly into the muffin tin, but it was not a really serious issue. One large egg, some fresh thyme, a little salt and pepper and some grated parmesan cheese and into the oven it goes for about 15 minutes. This is a really cute way to prepare and serve bacon and eggs for breakfast. It would be ideal for a gathering of families or friends for brunch. Served here with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Semolina Three Cheese Toast.
BACON AND EGG CUPS (Serves 4)
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 whole fresh large eggs
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 T. grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Parcook the bacon slices by frying them for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Spray a metal muffin pan with cooking spray. Taking one slice of bacon at a time, wrap the inside of a muffin cup to create a ring. Repeat with the remaining slices of bacon (2 slices of bacon per muffin cup).
- Carefully crack one egg into each bacon-lined cup. Sprinkle each egg with thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Bake the egg cups for 10 to 15 minutes, until the centers have set.
- Carefully remove the bacon-egg cups to a plate. Sprinkle the tops with green onions, and serve immediately with your choice of sides, such as toast, crispy potatoes, grits, or a green salad.
~ from Our State Magazine.