My husband loves Portobello mushrooms. Absolutely loves them — in stir fries, casseroles, soups, omelets, salads, meatless burgers or, in this case, served alone. Garlic infused olive oil is used to add flavor to the sautéed mushrooms and, in addition, as a drizzle to finish the dish. Simply paired with onion, it is an easy and delicious way to prepare these plump, meaty, earthy delights.
EASY PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SAUTE (Serves 2 )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil
- 1/4 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, slicedsalt and black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan
- freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Warm 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and mushrooms; reduce heat to low, and cook until the mushrooms are soft and blackened and the onions are black around the edges. (Add additional olive oil as needed.) Turn the heat off, drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan and Asiago cheeses.