I start to look for winter squash as soon as the weather begins to cool — Spaghetti, Acorn, Butternut. These gourds come to life with the right blend of seasonings. Although this recipe has only a couple of ingredients, the combination of sweet and savory flavors compliment the squash perfectly. As the squash roasts in the oven the honey begins to caramelize, and the curry powder adds a savoriness that highlights the flavor of squash. A real autumn treat for the tastebuds.
HONEY AND CURRY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH (Serves 2)
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash the acorn squash and cut it into 1 inch slices.
- In a bowl combine the honey, olive oil, and curry powder. Mix to combine.
- Coat the acorn squash with the honey, olive oil and curry powder mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes or until slightly browned.