I always keep a jar of apricot preserves in the pantry. It is a great way to add a sophisticated touch of sweetness to everyday recipes. The combination of mustard, honey, and preserves really imparts a delicious, savory-not-too-sweet flavor to the ham. This recipe couldn’t be easier — Grill – Turn – Baste – Grill – Turn – Baste – Grill – Done! Really good! Served with Southern Collard Greens.
GRILLED HAM STEAK WITH MUSTARD SAUCE (4 Servings)
- 1 lb. ham steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- Mix mustard, honey and preserves.
- Heat grill. Grill ham uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Turn ham and brush mustard mixture on. Grill 4 minutes longer.
- Turn ham and brush remaining mixture. Grill 2 minutes longer. Serve.