So happy to be back in the kitchen again — I injured my back a couple of months ago and found that I could not stand or sit long enough to cook. I finally got it together in time to work with some of the beautiful produce that is finding its way to me. First up a simple salad using cucumbers, roma tomatoes, basil, and red onion. Top it off with a lovely dill vinaigrette and you have a bowl full of summer heaven. We served this along with Marinated New York Strip. Freshetty, Fresh, Fresh.
CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD (Serves 4)
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 3 cups peeled & sliced cucumbers
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced into chunks
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Place salad ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl; stir to combine well & drizzle over salad.
~from The Blond Cook