I love the fresh goodness that this recipe is giving us. I have to admit that I cheated a little bit. I roasted my corn in the oven before I cut the kernels from the cob. I really love how easy it is to remove the silk and husk when you use this method — and besides, it just brings out the best flavor in the corn. I just waited a few minutes to add the corn to the zucchini as it was cooking in the pan. This is a really beautiful way to cook the zucchini. It leaves it tender and flavorful without getting mushy. This recipe is perfect for add-ons — I recommend garlic and tomatoes or maybe a little cilantro, basil or peppers.
FRESH CORN AND ZUCCHINI SAUTE (Serves 4)
- 1/4 cup butter
1/2 small white onion, finely diced
3 small zucchini, diced
3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut kernels from the ears of corn.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and corn; cook and stir until zucchini is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper
~from All Recipes