This is a great spring salad — crisp broccoli, celery and cauliflower; sweet baby peas; a delicious creamy dressing; and BACON!! I actually think that you could substitute diced ham from your Easter dinner with equally good results. Perfect alone as a light meal or as a great side at lunch or dinner.
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD (Serves 6)
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in bite size
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched and chilled
- 1-1/2 cups cooked and chopped bacon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower, broccoli, celery, peas, and bacon.
- In a medium bowl combine mayo, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt and onion. Mix well. Pour over salad and toss to mix well and serve.