I had some Marinated Grilled Shrimp left over and decided to shush it up a bit. I reduced this recipe and was able to come up with a terrific lunch for RJ. I wasn’t very precise in estimating the amount of dressing needed for the number of shrimp that I was working with, but the extra dressing ended up making a perfect spread. As a result, I went with Plan B — a Shrimp Salad Sandwich!
SHRIMP SALAD (Serves 6)
2 lbs. cooked shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1-1/2 cups celery, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill. Combine with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.