What a wonderful combination of flavors!! Small bites of tender, perfectly seasoned sweet potatoes in 30 minutes. I changed the original recipe, by seasoning the cubes with salt and pepper prior to adding them to the honey mixture. I also sprinkled them with cumin once they had been placed on the baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes and . . . magic!
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HONEY AND CINNAMON (Serves 4)
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray baking sheet with olive oil.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes in 1″ cubes. Season with salt and pepper, toss. Combine the oil, honey and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and toss until coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cayenne and roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender.
- Take sweet potatoes out of the oven, toss them with any of the remaining honey mixture and transfer them to a serving platter.