This should be called Chicken Broccoli DIVINE! This dish has been a family favorite since my kids were young (about 20 years ago). If you are short on time, it is a great way to use left-over chicken or you can just pick up some rotisserie chicken from the grocery. Steam or roast some broccoli (fresh or frozen), and throw the rest together out of your pantry. Quick, easy and soooo delicious. This is the very definition of comfort food.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI DIVAN (Serves 4)
- 4 c. cooked broccoli florets
- 4 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 T. plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 T. butter, melted
- Place the broccoli and chicken into a 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Combine the soup and milk and pour the soup mixture evenly over the broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Stir the bread crumbs into the melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the cheese.
- Bake at 450°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.