Chocolate Chips, Oatmeal and Peanut Butter — a combination made in heaven. This recipe elevates the good old chocolate chip cookie to something unforgettable. The addition of peanut butter boosts the flavor and the oatmeal creates a wonderful texture. Altogether a great recipe . . . make a batch for your favorite valentine!
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER (Yields 3 dozen)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop on to lightly greased cookie sheets using a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.