The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity. Green grapes, pecan pieces and a delicious dressing — perfect for a brunch or light supper. I am always looking for ways to use leftovers, and I took the opportunity to substitute some Triple Crème Cheese (super rich & creamy) for the cream cheese in this recipe. I think this is something that I might make to take along to my next pot-luck. Served here with Ham & Cheese Breakfast Quiche.
GREEN GRAPE SALAD (serves 8)
- 4 pounds seedless green grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate until serving.