Every year we order a large Spiral Cut Honey Baked Ham for our Christmas dinner. And every year I struggle with how to use the leftovers without the usual “ham burnout”. Of course we make a traditional 18 Bean Soup, but there still seems to be a never ending supply of ham. This recipe was a wonderful way to use about 1 cup of chopped ham and it turned out to be a delicious dish for our New Year’s Brunch. I paired it with a Green Grape Salad using some Triple Crème Cheese that I had on hand. Delicious!! (Served here with Green Grape Salad)
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quiche
- 24 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes and combine them with the melted butter or margarine in a small bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and arrange the ham and cheese evenly over the potatoes. In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and the cream. Pour this over the ham and cheese.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the custard has completely set.