HERB AND GARLIC BUTTER (Yield: 6 T.)
6 T. butter, softened
4 t. fresh basil, chopped
4 t. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 t. dried oregano
2 small clove of garlic, minced
- Combine the softened butter with the fresh basil, parsley, dried oregano, and garlic together in a bowl. Mix until well combined; set aside.cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
~ ForTheLoveOfCooking.net ~
CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN (Yield: 6 Servings)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over low heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just starts to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually pour milk into mixture, whisking into a smooth sauce. Cook until just simmering.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in half the Cheddar cheese until melted; sprinkle with pepper and nutmeg.
- Place steamed cauliflower in the prepared baking dish; pour cheese sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned, about 25 minutes.
~ AllRecipes.com ~